Dare for Distance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing but a wanderer...

2 posters

Go down

Nothing but a wanderer... Empty Nothing but a wanderer...

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:43 am

Majesty...

Nothing but a wanderer... Majest11

I was sure that I was still standing, gazing down...or was it up?

Cold, leafy fronds caressed my spine, and I shivered as the dew settled on my white pelt, like little diamonds gracing a snowy landscape. I looked up, my pupils dilating in the thin light that streamed through the canopy of the pine tree that I was standing beneath. I could see the vast plain, covered in sun-bleached grass but now silver with the soft frost of the morning. The sky was pink, and gentle, quietly leeching the dark from the tired sky and replacing it with a beautiful pastel hue.
I came here because I wanted something to serve as respite. I didn’t know what, but I needed it. I could already feel the wholeness when I came across whatever it was I was seeking. My lungs swelled as I drew in a laboured breath, watching the fog bloom in front of me.
Taking a careful, yet measured step, I lurched into a ground-covering trot, pacing myself so my long legs didn’t rustle the frosted blades of grass. The fog shifted to allow me within, and I smirked.

There wasn’t a sense of time in this place.

Back to top Go down

Nothing but a wanderer... Empty Re: Nothing but a wanderer...

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:27 am

Alesana...

I wasn’t sure what I was doing...
You’re never sure.
Shut it.
I thought that maybe, just maybe...
You thought I would disappear.
Shut up.
I could see the edge of the meadow that I was attempting to enter. High, thick, gorse bushes fringed the area, and I couldn’t see an entrance any where nearby...
I collected myself and leaped across the natural barrier, landing in hock high grass, feeling the soft coolness lick at my fetlocks. I shivered violently, cursing my desert heritage for the thin hide that covered my body.
I couldn't scent any horses nearby, but I still scanned the area nervously.
Nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Antagonista Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Tranquil Sunset.
Nothing but a wanderer... 90Sundowner

I sauntered nervously into the unknown region. My nostrils flared wildly as I tried to pick out the scent of others. Nothing.
I stopped dead in my tracks, for the fog was getting thicker. My eyes scanned my suroundings, picking out figures of trees. A brisk wind combed through my fragile mane, causing a shrill shudder to erupt throughout my body. I sighed deeply, lowering my head and continuing.

Still alone, still looking. How long would this go on for? I just wanted someone there, to stay by my side. I was scared, alone, and wanting to go home...
Antagonista
Antagonista
Admin

https://darefordistance.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:19 am

I didn't bother trying to see past the mist. It was something that I was uncapable of, so why continue trying? I could feel the gentle swishing of the frosted grass beneath my hooves, and I smiled to myself.
Ruefully.
I could feel the presence of others. They probably couldn't tell where I was, but I could pin-point their exact locations. I nickered quietly, trying to define the gender of my company.
Standing still in the middle of the expanse that I was trotting, I nickered again.
Where are you?

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:15 am

UNHOLY GHOST

Silent, still sweeps of air tugged across this dark terra. Shoots of silver weeds were nearly brushed against, as the spector made his way through, with his crown held firm, and low to the musky plateau of deteriorating foliage that has fallen to the earth. Searching for a valid reason to be here was nearly impossible, so curiosity had ruptured over him. Snout rummaged through the various fragrances that drifted through this maze of ample - grown pines. Callous hooves polished over with drops of mist, that had been placed upon unetible fungus, as his grace was provoked under an inflexible dome of his, which would casually keep himself from the outer world.
Pause.
There were equidae around this unclaimed heirum. No, he was not looking forward to keeping this ghostly plain. He didin't know a specific reason why he was here. Gladiator just was. Pupils observing the different hues and colorations that painted this celestial yet forbidden patch of terra. At sudden chance, a nearly muted echo of a horse, whas it? A male, and the soft patter of two damsels. Great. He was correct, there were more, than expected, just as his auds caught the breeze, his crania, his eyes, his frame, alert, still, moveless in this forest, that was kept by the meadows.
Tempest
Tempest

Location : Do not try to deprive from something you won't be able to acces.

Back to top Go down

Post  Antagonista Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:30 am

I jumped lightly, hearing the first nicker. I lowered my head, looking around myself. A low nicker erupted from my lips. I stood my ground, hoping whoever the other was wouldn't be looking for a fight. I lowered my muzzle to the hard ground, smelling the surface for a trace of another. Nothing fresh. My eyes trailed up, seeing nothing but mist.

I hate this. I cannot see myself clearly.
Antagonista
Antagonista
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:13 am

My ears twitched rapidly, trying to pick up the elusive sounds that I heard, but unable to do so because of the dense fog that consumed the area.
A gentle nicker escaped from my lips as I took a curious step forwards, attempting to greet whatever company was out there.
What are you doing?
I shook my head in annoyance when it spoke to me.
Don't try to ignore me.
I hissed mentally.
Go away.
You wish.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:44 am

Mares.
My step immediately lightened as my neck snaked out, emitting another low nicker. I had always been a natural flirt, but even at this age I had not taken to the idea of having my own herd.
I enjoyed running in a bachelor group, but they had gradually dispersed, leaving me stranded in this cold, dark place.
I tilted my head and tried to hear through this fog. If I was correct, the two mares were very close, but there seemed to be a heavier step through the mist...
Sigh.
There was another male here. Was this is harem? I didn't want to run into trouble, no matter how pretty this mares may be. Quietly I sidestepped, retracing my tracks and trotting back to the safety of the trees I had left. When I reached the dark, but not misted expanse, I allowed my senses to wander.
The other stallion was close...

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:41 am

UNHOLY GHOST

The beast's frame was so still, it was nearly muted, but from his savage breathing, it was quite oblivious. The throttle of the stallion's hooves infront of himself made him startle. Had he been the leader to mark this terrain his? Slowly, the cremello hued brute placed a fray steps of which had he came, and filtered himself into another direction. He did not come to fight. He had enough of that pain, just the thought of it caught his direction off. Slowly, he became still again, visage held up with a slight arch. He stood still, the zephyr pulling at pale threads. Light feathering, sodden, and had tufts full of dead leaves.
The mares were closer than the stallion had been now. He did not want to interface them. He whiriled his posture, and decided to rest. He had it with the runaway game. Still alert, his eyes wandered the small clearing under the mist, looking out carefully for hooves.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Antagonista Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:51 pm

My fae body shuddered, and I took a few steps forward. The mist was still thick, too thick. I nickered, drowning a sound of panic in the tone. Casually, I practically piroutted around in a circle, looking around me. Adrenaline started pulsing through my veins, I snorted and pawed at the crisp hard ground in frusteration.
Antagonista
Antagonista
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:53 am

I stood shock still, twitching my nose as if I were a rabbit.
Run, run rabbit run...
I had clearly felt something move past my shoulder, and in my shock, I stumbled backwards, abruptly falling over an invisible horse.
Stallion aroma filled my nostrils, and I stiffened in fear.
Run, run, rabbit run...
Attempting to get up, I slipped on the wet grass.
Run away from the farmer's...
Gun.

Ooc: I fall over Tempest's Unholy Ghost =D

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:09 am

I heard a soft thud echoing around the fog, the first sound to inflitrate the thickness. I also heard a snort.
I skittered back with suprise, and found that I could suddenly see through the fog.
There was a grullo looking mare, a roan mare and a very pale stallion before me.
Once more shocked by my perdicament, I slid back into the darkness of the trees and watched the scene unfold before me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:30 am

His gaze rippled before him, Steed could see. He looked warily at them, from his place atop the ground. I almost stood, my phantom bodice hesitant. Something fell over me. I looked at her, her pale alabaster body flecked with dark spots, I backed up for a moment, and then came to look at her facial expression. Fear. Spector's empty blue pools of a wistful despair widened, as the sun danced along his back. Imprints of his hooves left wavering over the ground. He just stood, looking. His posture regular, his face still, it was unreadable. I watched her nearly stand, and fall again. Backing up quite much.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 01, 2009 10:39 pm

You messed up.
I try to stand up once more, but I slither back down to the ground. Old wounds were hurting as I finally stood, chest heaving with captured breath as I seeked to find out if this stallion would hurt me.
Stupid...
I shake my head, trying to free myself, but I already know that these voices will never leave the deprived, empty caskets of my previous life.
Backing away slowly, I heave out a question
"Where were you when the world ended?" I shudder when I hear that voice speak from my mouth, but there is nothing I can do.
Accept the consequences...

Back to top Go down

Post  Antagonista Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 pm

My eyes locked on the ones before me. I froze, then calmed myself with deep breaths.
Should I escape while I can?
Or shall I stay and take my chances?
Time would run out. I'd be trapped, or saved.

I let out a snort, leaving my situation at an indecisive point. I took a step back, gazing over the figures.

How long would this drag on for?
Antagonista
Antagonista
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Wed May 06, 2009 6:18 am

I looked at her. What did she say? I anticipated my reply. I watched her rise and fall, like the waves that rolled out in the ocean. "Hidden." was my answer. I was too bewildered to say anything. Sweeping in a breath of musky air, and letting it all whisk away, I regained my personal self respect once again. I raised my crown, my tendrils weeping down the sides of my nape. It felt like I was drowning. Where I was too weak to try and disembrace the undertoe, where the air just escaped me, and I was unable to take another breath. What was this? I hesitated . . .for what?
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 07, 2009 1:23 am

My head tilted slightly as I listened to the maiden's choked question. Although it was not directed to me, I still thought to myself.
Where was I when the world ended?
The stallion seemed to be drowining with some sort of respite or remorse as I picked up my grey legs and started to trot once more. Rising over the crest of the hill that I had been hiding upon, I picked up a canter. The mare and stallion were coming closer, and I slid to a stop beside them, hooves flailing slightly in the wet grass.
I bowed my head and nickered a greeting to the mare, before lifting my head and meeting the stallion eye to eye.
I swam in the depths of knowledge that I appeared before me, and I thought wistfully of the bachelor group that I had so loved to run with.
"I was drowning..." I whispered, keeping a steady gaze on the stallion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 2:59 am

I become more and more alarmed when I noticed another stallion approaching. My ears pricked, gently, as I heard the first one inform me of his presence, in conjunction with my question.
Where were you...?
It asked me, mockingly, trying to milk an answer from my already dry and barren body. I shook my head firmly, not willing to indulge an answer.
I noticed the confusion in the first stallion's eyes, and I nickered softly, in what I hoped was a reassuring tone.
The pale, but equally majestic stallion that looked so firmly into the other's eyes gave me an equally alarming response.
Oh, maybe there are others like you out there...
I began to feel hope burning a hole in my chest.
Just kidding.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Sat May 09, 2009 8:52 am

I looked at her, relaxing my posture. I looked at the other stallion, my pupils dialated untill they were like a felines'. Slits, narrow like a snakes. My ears swiveled lightly, but then they both moved forwards. I did not want a fight. Not now. Not ever. I turnt my heavily built back, and let the wind cascade my figure into the shadows. I was close, my scent was not being erected at them, but I was still watching. If the mistress wanted us, me or him, she could choose who she wanted. I wasen't going to force her. I lay down on the ground, still watching carefully.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Antagonista Sun May 10, 2009 11:25 am

I walked carefully around the others, mindlessly circling them. My thoughts were set on rather leaving, or staying. I locked my eyes on the two stallions before me.
This may not end well... I decided in my head.
The tip of my hoof chipped on a rock, and a fell to my knees. Snorting and getting to my hoofs again, my cheeks felt hot.
Antagonista
Antagonista
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2009 2:24 am

I nickered quietly, feeling myself shiver with the tension that radiated between the two stallions. I skittered softly to the side when another mare appeared, circling slowly.
The wind picked up in speed until it was whistling past my ears and I shied at the crack of a branch in the small copse of trees up on the hill and knocked into the stallion laying down to my left, wobbling slightly.
What's up with you?
I was falling, tripping over my feet, knocking my chin with an embarassed look.
Why do you keep falling?
A little sob started in my throat as I vainly tried to stand once more. I was eye to eye with the one on the ground, and my pupils were enlarged with distress.
More like, why do you keep trying to stand...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2009 2:30 am

I observed the female falling, falling before my feet with a grace as her grullo chin hit the ground with a small clack.
She was graceful, and elegant to say the least, a fine specimen.
But she seemed to keep falling, as if something were tripping her head over her pretty little heels.
I noticed another mare beside us, circling and I nickered quietly, enticing her to stay.

Back to top Go down

Post  Antagonista Sat May 16, 2009 9:52 am

I shot my head in the direction of the stallion. Cocking my head, I snorted and let out a small whinny as a response. I felt sort-of safe, but who could be sure? The wind through the tree's should have the language for me, but I couldn't find it. Warily, I took a couple steps towards the unknown stallion.
Antagonista
Antagonista
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempest Sat May 16, 2009 4:33 pm

That time, her heel etched my flesh with a small briuse. I eyed her carefully, and sucked in a breath. I stood, carefully positioning my legs, trying not to step on her. I drifted around her, and came to look at her face. ''M'dam, cracks from beyond drift into youre living, consuming emotions and well-being." I had no trace of what I was saying. They spilled out of me, no hint of hesitation to speak. I dreaded this, I spoke riddles and uncanny sayings. I let a shiver run along my spine, letting my breath be short. But again, it was paced even, my skull lowered to her level.
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum